laborers / equipment operators
You will be able to specify which position (laborer or operator) you’re applying for in the application form.
- For Earthwork Laborers: NO experience required.
- For Earthwork Heavy Equipment Operators: minimum of two years experience in a combination of dozers, loaders, excavators, and/or skid steers in grading operations.
- Experience with GPS Machine Control Operation is a plus, but we’re willing to train the right candidate.
- Ability to work in all environments including, cold, heat, wet, and muddy conditions.
- Ability to provide own transportation to various job sites around the Fargo/Moorhead Area.
- Understand blueprints and grade stakes to complete assignments as per the specifications.
- Must be willing to obtain “Confined Space Training Certification” which will be provided by Dakota Underground.
- Must be willing to obtain “Excavation Trench Safety” which will be provided by Dakota Underground.
- The ability to lift to 50-100 pounds with assistance from fellow team members.
- Hours will vary but can expect 7AM to 7PM at a minimum on weekdays, plus weekends as required. Overtime after 40 hours.
- Must comply with Company mission, vision, and values.
- Must work on job site with no drugs/alcohol in system.
- Understand and comply with all Company policies and safety procedures.
- Needs to have good communication skills.
- Understand and assist foreman with layout of project.
- Responsible for the cleanness of the job site and all equipment used.
- Responsible for overseeing the care of equipment and communicating any maintenance issues with foreman.
- Ability to inspect machinery and perform basic maintenance, such as checking oil levels, gas/oil mix and lubricating parts as needed.
- The operator may perform functions as laborer as required.
- Accurately fill out timecards daily.
- 401(k) after 1,000 hours.
- Health Insurance 100% Paid for Single during Construction Season.
Dakota Underground is an EEO/AA Employer (Equal Employment Opportunity Employer).
“Construction was hit particularly hard by the pandemic and its related lockdowns, but it is bouncing back with strength. With a plethora of jobs available, increasing pay and more training opportunities, now could be the perfect time to join the industry.”
“Demand For Construction Workers Close To 20 Year High”